The Dream Challenge Disclaimer
The following Agreements are intended to have legal significance. If you have any questions about their meaning, please feel free to consult an attorney.
- You and you alone are responsible for your choice to participate in The Dream Challenge for your own well-being and interest, and at all times prior to, during and after your participation in The Dream Challenge.
- The Dream Challenge is a unique course of instruction designed to support people in being more effective in realizing their “dream careers” through a series of philosophically rigorous and open discussions, meditations, and voluntary sharing of your experience and short exercises.
- In The Dream Challenge, you will inquire into fundamental issues that are at the core of what it means to be a human being. The experience of The Dream Challenge is unique to each individual and there is no way to predict in advance exactly what you may think or feel. It is normal for some people to experience unwanted or unfamiliar emotions from time to time, such as fear, anger, sadness, regret, hatred, irritation and impatience. For most participants, exploring thoughts and feelings that they have not fully explored before is a useful and positive learning experience. For others, The Dream Challenge may occur as physically, mentally and emotionally challenging. If you are unwilling to encounter any of these powerful experiences in yourself or in others, or if you have any concern about your ability to deal with such experiences, the mental health professionals who advise the dream challenge (“our advisers”) strongly recommend that you consult a mental health professional prior to participating in The Dream Challenge.
- The Dream Challenge is designed for people who clearly understand they are responsible for their own health and well-being before, during and after The Dream Challenge. It is not meant to be used as a substitute for medical treatment, psychotherapy or health program of any nature, regardless of what you may believe or have heard from anyone.
- If you experience any symptoms or suggestion of mental distress in The Dream Challenge sessions, during the breaks or at the end of any session, or between sessions, you must immediately inform The Dream Challenge Leaders. In such event, you and The Dream Challenge Leaders will discuss the matter and you will determine what is the appropriate thing for you to do. If you experience any symptoms or suggestions of mental distress outside of The Dream Challenge, we strongly recommend that you immediately inform a physician or mental health professional.
I acknowledge and understand that The Dream Challenge was designed for people who clearly understand they are responsible for their own health and well-being before, during and after The Dream Challenge and who wish to enhance their living skills. I represent that I am not participating in The Dream Challenge to handle any physical, mental or emotional problems.
I represent that:
(a) I know of no reason that I should not participate in The Dream Challenge;
(b) I have considered the nature of The Dream Challenge and have voluntarily chosen to attend and not as a result of coercion, pressure, or to satisfy anyone other than myself;
(c) I am fully aware of what I am undertaking and that there may be risks associated with The Dream Challenge. I agree that I am responsible for my own participation in The Dream Challenge and for my own physical, mental and emotional well being.
(d) I hereby indemnify and hold The Dream Challenge, affiliates, employees, and Kelly Sullivan Walden and Robin Fisher-Roffer harmless from all loss, cost, obligation or damage arising out of my participation in The Dream Challenge or in other activities or events related to The Dream Challenge.
(e) I understand the content provided during The Dream Challenge is the intellectual property of Kelly Sullivan Walden and Robin Fisher Roffer and that they may use the recordings for a future product(s).
(f) I understand that I may not re-purpose or repackaged under a different name. If material from Kelly Sullivan Walden and Robin Fisher-Roffer is shared it must be credited as such.
(g) I agree to the agreed upon fee for The Dream Challenge and am responsible for making monthly payments to honor my agreement.