Today on the Ask Doctor Dream Show
You’ll learn the answers to these questions:
- What are some of the benefits of sleep when it comes to the mind, body and spirit?
- How does lack of sleep affect the immune system?
- How does lack of sleep increase stress?
- How does sleep keep your heart healthy?
- How does sleep help us make better decisions?
- How does sleep happen?
- What are the stages of sleep and how do they affect the body, mind and spirit?
- What are the benefits of dreaming?
- What happens during REM sleep?
- What are your sleep better tips?
Dr. Debbie Palmer is a board-certified dermatologist with more than 17 years of experience. She is the Medical Director and Co-Founder of Dermatology Associates of New York, in Harrison. She specializes in medical dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and laser surgery and has been recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor.
Dr Palmer believes that health and beauty are linked and a that a balance in life is key to looking younger and having harmony with your body, mind, and soul.
Widely respected for her expertise, Dr. Palmer has had her work published in leading medical journals and has lectured nationally and internationally about the benefits of healthy eating, anti-aging, and antioxidants and how they can improve the health and appearance of your skin.
Dr. Palmer is one of only several hundred dermatologists in the country also trained in osteopathic medicine-a holistic philosophy and approach that relates each part of the body to the entire system. “You cannot and should not treat a problem the skin is experiencing without looking at the condition of the entire body,” explains Dr. Palmer.
Dr. Palmer received her B.B.A. from the University of Michigan and earned her medical degree summa cum laude from Kansas City University. Dr. Palmer completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Northside Hospital and Heart Institute and completed her residency in dermatology at St. Barnabas Hospital in Bronx, New York.