Surrounded by waterfalls, misty volcanic crater lakes and jungle-fringed, deserted beaches, Costa Rica offers you a myriad of experiences in the tropical paradise of the land along with delightful opportunities to connect with its beautiful people. Costa Ricans, or Ticos, as they call themselves, are proud of their little slice of paradise, welcoming guests to sink into the easygoing rhythms of their life.
This small country presents a simple yet profound opportunity for you to relax and enjoy your trip. With the highest quality of life in Central America, amazing sunsets, sandy beaches with perfect waves, beautiful scenic hiking trails, and awe-inspiring wildlife, Costa Rica welcomes you to come experience the pura vida (pure life).
The Outer Journey
Known as the eco- and adventure-tourism capital of Central America, Costa Rica appears in the daydreams of travelers around the world. With a world-class infrastructure, visionary sustainability initiatives and no standing army since 1948, Costa Rica is the peaceful green jewel of the region.
Costa Rica offers a dizzying suite of outdoor adventures. An array of wildlife abounds for you to see from keel-billed toucans, raucous scarlet macaws, sloths lounging on branches, troops of white-faced capuchins or hear the haunting calls of a howler monkeys. Take a canopy zip line ride, view simmering volcanoes, hike the rainforest, experience rushing white-water rapids and surf world-class waves suited to both beginners and experts. And given the country’s diminutive size, you can plan a relatively short trip that includes it all.
The Inner Journey
Cultural Adventure Trips has joined Kelly Sullivan Walden to create one exceptional journey. Kelly is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, a dream expert, best-selling author, and an inspirational speaker. She has been analyzing dreams for 20 years, authored seven bestselling dream books, including Chicken Soup for the Soul, Dreams and Premonitions. As a trusted advisor, coach and consultant, she has enriched the lives of countless individuals, including Fortune 500 executives, UN ambassadors, celebrities, entrepreneurs, inner-city kids, and stay-at-home moms.
Kelly Sullivan Walden will lead morning dream groups to deepen the inner transformational aspect of the journey and assist you in becoming more fluent in the language of your dreams. Kelly will also facilitate reflective conversations and exercises in the evening to dialogue with other participants the insights and ahas you are discovering about yourself throughout the day. Each night Kelly will conclude the session with a soulful meditation, to assist you in having a restful sleep and vivid dreams to give your journey even more depth and color.
Children will take part in separate activities and artwork planned around the theme of dreams to explore the wisdom, humor, and power of their dreams.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR
This special life-changing adventure trip is for all ages. The focus is on offering opportunities for experiences in a culture very unique and different from your own. You will learn about this amazing region of the world, participate in incredible local activities, and get involved in a much-needed humanitarian effort at the beach.
Another exciting and meaningful opportunity on this journey is working with Co-Leader Kelly Sullivan Walden on dream interpretation. She will interact with groups of adults and children separately to help you gain insight and understanding into what your dreams are telling you, and how these interpretations can help guide you in your life.
In addition, time will be spent specifically with your children to encourage cultural awareness and understanding, and discover how each person can participate in global efforts to improve our world.
This trip will amaze, fulfill and rejuvenate you as well as create lifelong memories and understandings about the world we live in. You will make new friends and strengthen the bond with your loved ones sharing this adventure with you.
- 7 days and 6 nights in the tropical paradise of Guanacaste (northwest Costa Rica) between the jungle and the beach
- Dream Group Sessions with Kelly Sullivan Walden to
• Explore the deeper meaning of your dreams
• Enhance dream recall
• Deepen dream fluency (your ability to decode your dreams)
• Carry your dream wisdom and guidance into your journey to make it a more rich, fulfilling, and transformational experience.
- Sharing insights followed by candlelight meditation every evening
- Separate activities for children based on dream interpretation and meditation
- Opportunity to get involved in a much-needed humanitarian effort at the beach
- Leisure time to relax by the pool, hot tub or beach
- Enjoy breathtaking sunrises and sunsets
- Discover a stunning array of wild, tropical and exotic flora
- Cooking class with a Costa Rican Chef
- Catamaran sunset sailing
- Crocodile nature tour
- Adventure Tour at the dormant Ricon Volcano
- Daily Spanish classes
Optional activities included in your package:
- Yoga classes every morning
- Paddle boarding
- Ocean kayaking
- Horseback riding
- Tubing down wear slides
- Luxuriating in volcanic mud baths
- Relaxing in volcanic hot springs
Optional activities not included in your package:
- Therapeutic massages
- Surfing lessons
- Shopping, drinks and dancing in downtown Tamarindo
- February 11: Arrival at airport, transfer to hotel, welcoming dinner
- February 12: Yoga class, breakfast, Dream Circle for adults (children will have their own dream circle/dream theater activities under the supervision of an adult), lunch, Crocodile Nature Tour; dinner, Insight sharing followed by meditation (kids will have their own evening activities and evening meditation supervised by an adult)
- February 13: Breakfast, All Day Adventure Tour at dormant Ricon Volcano (Horse-back riding, Zip Line, Water Slides or Tubing, Volcanic Mud Bath, Volcanic Hot Springs, Lunch included), dinner, Insight sharing followed by meditation (kids will have their own evening activities and evening meditation supervised by an adult)
- February 14: Yoga Class, breakfast, Dream Circle for adults (children will have their own dream circle/dream theater activities under the supervision of an adult), Catamaran Sunset Sailing (lunch and open bar Snorkeling, Stand up Paddle, Ocean Kayaks), dinner, Insight sharing followed by meditation (kids will have their own evening activities and evening meditation supervised by an adult)
- February 15: Yoga class, breakfast, free day (pool, massages*, shopping in Tamarindo*, beach, optional surfing lessons*, ATV on the beach* and other activities offered*), lunch in town*, cooking class in the evening with Costa Rican Chef and dinner, Insight sharing follow-ing by meditation (kids will have their own evening activities and evening meditation supervised by an adult)
- February 16: Yoga class, breakfast, humanitarian activities, lunch at Witches Rock Surf Camp*, final Dream Circle/Insight sharing/meditation (everyone participates), dinner, dancing/drinks in Tamarindo*
- February 17: Yoga class, breakfast, transfer to Airport after breakfast
*Activities at your additional cost
Itinerary subject to change.
All meals (but 2 lunches on February 15 and on February 16) will be provided at the resort. All meals are prepared with love and care. The food is, as much as possible, organic, local and seasonal, following a vegetarian diet. The balanced, healthy and delicious meals are children and adult friendly. Additional $12 USD per person per day for full meat and fish options. All diets can be accommodated.
Our focus is to offer you affordable and comfortable cultural experiences. Rest assured that all accommodations have been tested by our team and are located in safe areas.
Please note that computer and internet access may be limited in certain locations. This will be an opportunity for you to totally experience your environment and what you are learning. You will disconnect from your routine, and fully engage and embrace your experience.
All chalets at the resort feature one queen size bed (additional beds will be added to the room for double or triple occupancy), private bathroom, air conditioning, fridge, safe and a private porch equipped with 2 rocking chairs in which you can spend hours reading or enjoying the surrounding nature. Built out of teak trees grown in the area and surrounded by tropical gardens.
• $1,800 USD per person (double and triple occupancy), single occupancy rates available
• $1,400 USD per child (12 and under, sharing room with parent)
• $500 USD non-refundable deposit to hold your spot
• Balance due 90 days prior to trip date
• All accommodations at the resort near Tamarindo for the duration of the trip
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner during the entire trip unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
• Airport transfers (from Liberia Airport only)
• All workshops, classes, tours, activities unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
Does not include
• International and/or domestic airfare
• Departure tax ($29 USD) when you leave Costa Rica by Air
• Laundry service
• Snacks and meals during travel days or meals on certain days as specified in the daily schedule
• Extras such a souvenirs, toiletries, and other personal items
• Travel Insurance
SEND US AN EMAIL TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION AND/OR TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP:
firstname.lastname@example.org — OR CALL US AT: +1 323 522 5831
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Please check this link for specific regulations for this trip, and see your doctor for all medical requirements:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
A non-refundable deposit per person and per trip of $500 is required to hold your spot. The remainder of the full balance is due 90 days prior to the trip start date. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within that frame.
There is a minimum of 6 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be canceled by Cultural Adventure Trips, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees paid to Cultural Adventure Trips which will constitute full settlement or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. We recommend purchasing optional trip/travel insurance.
If Cultural Adventure Trips should cancel a trip within 30 days of departure because of natural disaster, terrorism or civil unrest, you will receive a full refund only. Cultural Adventure Trips is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips, such as airline tickets or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
If you must cancel your reservation for any reason, the cancellation fee per person is as follows:
Number of days prior to trip start:
91+ days: $500 (deposit is non-refundable)
61-90 days: 25% of trip price
31-60 days: 50% of trip price
0-30 days: 100% of trip price
Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason, including those of weather or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. Single room supplements are considered part of the trip price and are subject to cancellation fees. If you fail to provide the signed “Release of Liability, Assumption of All Risk, Indemnification and Cancellation Policy” and Personal Information forms prior to your trip departure, you will not be allowed to join the trip and will be subject to Cultural Adventure Trips’ standard cancellation policy as described above.